Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why do some projects make you happier than others????????

Does anyone remember this??????One of my many treasures. I have had this stool/ottoman for around 23 years. It belonged to my GREAT grandmother Mamma Grace Oral Spears Weed Chapman (had to enclued Weed because that is my line) she gave it to me saying I should take it because I had so many little butts (4 kids) along with it came a piece of fabric she had she was going to recover it but never did...the fabric was nice old fair good condition piece that she had cut off the back of her couch (it had always been against a wall so was clean and had no wear.. I not sure what she threw away if anything. because at the time when it came to part with couch her mind saw something useful so she saved it with an idea in her head then planted the seed with me. I used it and usally had it covered with something but it has served me well. So I discided to follow through with her plan. little to my suprise was when I removed the bottom covering and saw inside to it's unique design in it's construction again I say she made it and I would pretty much guess the supplies came from her scrap wood pile piece of who knows all nail together covered in ( if you look through the knot hole and cracks) what appears to be an old wool quilt and handed picked cotton on one side there was a hand drawing of what I'm guessing is her plan sketch out for something. All of that thrilled me be yond words It made me appreciate her more than ever she was quoted once in the chickasha star you can always make something out of nothing. Indeed you can Mamma I'm glad I have this merger piece of furiture it's worth more to me than money can buy but to someone else I'm sure it's a piece of junk and long ago would of made it's way to the junk pile. I'm glad I found the hidden treasures inside of the woman that spent her life making the best of what she had making something out of nothin' and all her needs were met. I was very glad I finilly finished it I must say I think it was I of the easiest things i ever did it was kinda of weird because all I had to do was cut the top piece folded reminder of the fabric in half cut it sewed 1/2 in seams and it fit perfect to the top with out any measuring cutting at all never have had that happen and I'm guessing I probably never will again either it worked perfect no measuring Is that normal? Has that ever happened to anyone else or was I being guilded by the knowlegde she hadalready giving me thanks for all that I have from my Mamma








































































































1 comment:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

unbelievable...definitely a treasure!